The Technical Instructor position is a role that provides instruction on Information Security related topics and products. Principally this will be the lead instructor for Check Point firewall classes and related Check Point products. Candidates should be qualified to provide instruction to a mix of both remote students and on-premises students. Responsibilities will include excellent customer service to our students and keeping current with course materials, classes and certifications. Cadre will provide any required train-the-trainer classes, exams, and course prep support. The position will be part of the Knowledge Services team and will provide opportunities to grow in many areas of Information Security such as assessments and consulting.
Deliver training classes on Check Point products.
Provide guidance to students before and after class on labs and registration.
Maintain fluency on instructor soft skills and classroom technology such as GoToWebinar, smart whiteboards, and related technologies.
Be able to instruct from the Cadre Downtown Cincinnati classroom, clients locations, or during unexpected weather or other events, from your home.
Work with Cadre security engineers to help answer questions from students that go beyond the courseware.
Troubleshoot course labs and provide updates on corrections to the courseware.
Other duties as assigned.
- If candidate does not already possess Check Point and Technical Trainer certifications, these will need to be completed within the first four months of employment. Cadre will provide all required training, materials, and assistance to get these certifications.
- Deliver classes and maintain proficiency without supervision.
- Manage schedule of classes independently.
- Work with sales reps and meet with client leadership to assist sales and marketing of classes.
- Write articles and blog posts on a regular schedule on current and engaging security topics related to class offerings.
- Advanced knowledge of computer and network security techniques and methodologies.
- CompTIA technical trainer certification CTT+.
- Check Point CCSA and CCSE certifications.
- Experience in training, adult education and/or adult learning.
Submit your resume at email@example.com. Please only attach resumes in MS Word (.doc), PDF (.pdf), or ASCII text (.txt) format.