Senior Check Point / Fortinet Security Engineer - Consulting
The Senior Security Engineer works as a leader on a team of engineers and with a sales staff to consult in a pre-sales capacity and to deliver post-sales engineering services including, but not limited to, installations, configurations, and technical guidance and recommendations. The Senior Security Engineer is also available to all other services teams as needed.
- Provide consulting services (e.g., installations, upgrades, evaluations, and remediations) to customers on a variety of network security products including firewalls, VPNs, SD-WANs, authentication, intrusion detection, PKI, anti-virus, load-balancing, data leak prevention, security information, event management, wireless networking, and web filtering.
- Assess and design network and cloud architectures to provide security recommendations to clients.
- Lead projects with multiple engineers, managing resources and communications of the project.
- Provide expert advice and mentoring to other members of the various services teams and recognize the achievements of more junior engineers.
- When requested by the sales team, provide pre-sales guidance as a security engineer both directly with clients and at conferences and other educational and marketing events.
- Create appropriate technical documents for clients including but not limited to, Statements of Work, Project Completion Documents, and Technical Bulletins.
- Accurately record and track all activities in a timely fashion.
- Keep current in all technical areas relevant to the active client base including achieving and maintaining advanced technical certifications in accordance with company guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manage and execute an entire consulting engagement independently, including documentation and report writing.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously without adversely impacting client relationships.
- Travel as needed for 25% to 70% of work time.
- Work to maintain 50% of all work hours as billable.
- Complete a partner technical certification every 4-8 weeks.
- Participate in and contribute to process analysis and continuous service improvement for all duties and tasks, making recommendations as identified.
- Willingness to train and mentor junior engineers.
- Present guidance on technical innovations to both engineering and non-engineering staff in the form of PowerPoint, Sway, or AV presentations.
- Exhibit dedication to 100% customer satisfaction.
- Work well alone or as part of a team as tasks and projects demand.
- 6+ years of security experience.
- Multiple instances of experience managing IT projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or additional 4 years of industry experience.
- Active responsibility for Check Point firewalls over the last 4 years or active CCSE certification. Current experience with Check Point endpoint security and with Check Point Cloud Guard security. Current experience with the following firewall blades:
- Identity Awareness Software Blade
- IPSec VPN Software Blade
- Mobile Access Software Blade
- Compliance Software Blade
- URL Filtering Software Blade
- Active responsibility for Fortinet firewalls over the last 4 years or active NSE4 certification. Current experience with FortiGate, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, FortiAP and FortiSIEM.
- Experience with TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting.
- Experience working in cloud environments with cloud management tools.
- Solid knowledge of networking and security systems; including routers, switches, firewalls, IDS/IPS, authentication systems, anti-virus, content filtering, log management, etc.
- Experience with 3 or more of the following vendor products: Juniper, Palo Alto, Broadcom, RSA, Trend Micro, F5, Arbor Networks, AWS, Azure, and Splunk.
- Experience in both Microsoft & Unix operating systems.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with public speaking and presentation ability.
- Advanced knowledge of computer and network security techniques and methodologies.
- Knowledge of Python.
- CISSP certification.
- Advanced vendor certifications (i.e., Check Point Certified Security Master, NSE 7 or 8, Juniper JNCIP or Architect, F5 300 level or higher, etc.).
Submit your resume to email@example.com. Please only attach resumes in MS Word (.doc) or ASCII text (.txt) format.