Senior Security Engineer - Based in Indiana, Michigan, Ohio or Western Pennsylvania
The Senior Security Engineer works as a leader on a team of engineers and with a sales staff to consult in a pre-sales capacity and to deliver post sales engineering services, including but not limited to, installations, configurations, and technical guidance and recommendations. The Senior Security Engineer is also available to all other services teams as needed.
- Provide consulting services (e.g., installations, upgrades, evaluations, remediations) to customers on a variety of network security products including firewalls, VPNs, SD-WANs, authentication, intrusion detection, PKI, anti-virus, load-balancing, data leak prevention, security information, and event management, wireless networking, and web filtering.
- Assess and design network and cloud architectures to provide security recommendations to clients.
- Lead projects with multiple engineers, managing resources and communications of the project.
- Provide expert advice and mentoring to other members of the various services teams, and recognize the achievements of more junior engineers.
- When requested by the sales team, provide pre-sales guidance as a security engineer both directly with clients and at conferences and other educational and marketing events.
- Create appropriate technical documents for clients including but not limited to, Statements of Work, Project Completion Documents, and Technical Bulletins.
- Accurately record and track all activities in a timely fashion.
- Keep current in all technical areas relevant to the active client base including achieving and maintaining advanced technical certifications in accordance with company guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manage and execute an entire consulting engagement independently, including documentation and report writing.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously without adversely impacting client relationships.
- Travel as needed for 25% to 70% of work time.
- Work to maintain 50% of all work hours as billable.
- Participate in and contribute to process analysis and continuous service improvement for all duties and tasks, making recommendations as identified.
- Willingness to train and mentor junior engineers.
- Present guidance on technical innovations to both engineering and non-engineering staff in the form of PowerPoint, Sway, or AV presentations.
- Exhibit dedication to 100% customer satisfaction.
- Work well alone or as part of a team as tasks and projects demand.
- 6+ years of security experience.
- Multiple instances of experience managing IT projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or additional 4 years of industry experience.
- Experience with TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting.
- Experience working in cloud environments with cloud management tools.
- Solid knowledge of networking and security systems; including routers, switches, firewalls, IDS/IPS, authentication systems, anti-virus, content filtering, log management, etc.
- Experience with 5 or more of the following vendor products: Check Point, Juniper, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Broadcom, RSA, Trend Micro, F5, Arbor Networks, AWS, Azure, and Splunk.
- Active or past certifications from above or similar vendors.
- Experience in both Microsoft & Unix operating systems.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with public speaking and presentation ability.
- Advanced knowledge of computer and network security techniques and methodologies.
- Knowledge of Python.
- Experience with cloud management tools such as Check Point Cloud Guard Dome9, Palo Alto, Prisma, and Azure or AWS management tools.
- CISSP certification.
- Advanced vendor certifications (i.e., Check Point Security Master, NSE 7 or 8, Juniper JNCIP or Architect, F5 300 level or higher, etc.).
Submit your resume to email@example.com.