Security Engineer - Based in Indiana, Michigan, Ohio or Western PA
The Security Engineer works as part of a team of engineers and with a sales staff to consult in a pre-sales capacity and to deliver post-sales engineering services including, but not limited to, installations, configurations, and technical guidance and recommendations. The Security Engineer is also available to all other services teams as needed.
- Provide engineering services (e.g., installations, upgrades, evaluations, remediation) to customers on a variety of network security products including firewalls, VPNs, SD-WANs, authentication, intrusion detection, PKI, anti-virus, load-balancing, data leak prevention, security information, and event management, wireless networking, and web filtering.
- Provide consulting services to customers specific to their cloud environments and security for systems and workloads at PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS levels.
- Assess and design network and cloud architectures to provide security recommendations to clients.
- When requested by the sales team, provide pre-sales guidance as a security engineer both directly with clients and at conferences and other educational and marketing events.
- Create appropriate technical documents for clients including, but not limited to, Statements of Work, Project Completion Documents, and Technical Bulletins.
- Accurately record and track all activities in a timely fashion.
- Keep current in all technical areas relevant to the active client base including achieving and maintaining technical certifications in accordance with company guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manage and execute an entire consulting engagement with guidance from senior staff members, including documentation and report writing.
- Be able to present effectively to sales staff and customers on security in AWS, Azure, or GCP environment.
- Travel as needed for 25% to 40% of work time.
- Work to maintain 40% of all work hours as billable.
- Exhibit dedication to 100% customer satisfaction.
- Work well alone or as part of a team as tasks demand.
- 2+ years of industry security experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or additional 4 years of industry experience.
- Experience with TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting.
- Solid knowledge of networking and security systems; including routers, switches, firewalls, IDS/IPS, authentication systems, anti-virus, content filtering, log management, etc.
- Experience with one of the following vendor product sets: Check Point, Juniper, Fortinet, Palo Alto.
- Experience with two or more of the following vendor product sets: Broadcom, RSA, Trend Micro, F5, Thales, A10, Mimecast, Splunk, Gigamon, SCADAfence, or others from our partner ecosystem.
- Experience in both Microsoft & Unix operating systems.
- Experience with deploying/administering servers or architecting in AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with public speaking and presentation ability.
- Advanced knowledge of cloud security technologies and techniques.
- Experience with Dome9, Prisma, ForcePoint, Imperva, Cloud Optix.
- Advanced knowledge of computer and network security techniques and methodologies.
- CISSP certification.
- Check Point certification and/or hands-on experience.
- Additional vendor product certifications from the following vendors: Juniper, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Broadcom, RSA, Trend Micro, F5, Splunk, and others.
- Experience managing an IT project.
Submit your resume to email@example.com.