Security Support Engineer - Cincinnati, OH
The Support Engineer works as part of a team of support engineers to provide direct, phone-based and email-based advice, guidance and troubleshooting to clients on their security products.
- Provide advice and guidance to clients on the proper implementation and use of a variety of security products via both phone and email in an on-demand environment.
- Responsibly escalate challenging issues both internally and to vendor support.
- Properly and accurately document all activities and client interactions in a timely fashion consistent with corporate policy, process and practice.
- Communicate as part of a team on client needs, notable and recurring issues, and emerging technologies and client expectations.
- Keep current in all technical areas relevant to active client base including achieving and maintaining technical certifications in accordance with company guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Independently handle routine client requests.
- Maintain composure during sometimes stressful situations and/or interacting with distressed clients.
- Exhibit dedication to 100% customer satisfaction.
- Work well alone or as part of a team as tasks demand.
- Ability to multi-task client requests.
- 2+ years industry experience, with security exposure.
- General knowledge of networking and security systems including routers, switches, firewalls, IDS/IPS, authentication, anti-virus, content filtering, log management, etc.
- Proficient in English with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Advanced knowledge of computer and network security techniques and methodologies.
- Check Point certification and/or hands-on experience.
- Security+, Network+, and CISSP certifications.
- Experience with L2, L3 Switching & Routing
- Additional vendor experience with Juniper, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Symantec, RSA, Trend Micro, F5, Splunk, and others.
- Service desk experience.
- Experience with Linux operating systems a plus.
- 2 year Associates Degree in Information Technology or equivalent field experience.
Submit your resume at email@example.com. Please only attach resumes in MS Word (.doc) or ASCII text (.txt) format.
- Pay is commensurate with experience.
- Position is based in Cincinnati, OH, however, will consider working remotely with senior level experience.