Security Engineer - Indianapolis, IN
The Security Engineer works as part of a team of engineers, and with a sales staff to consult in a pre-sales capacity and to deliver post sales engineering services, including but not limited to installations, configurations, and technical guidance and recommendations. The Security Engineer is also available to all other services teams as needed.
- Provide consulting services (e.g., installations, upgrades, evaluations, remediation) to customers on a variety of network security products including firewalls, VPNs, SD-WANs, authentication, intrusion detection, PKI, anti-virus, load-balancing, data leak prevention, security information and event management, wireless networking, and web filtering.
- Assess and design network and application architectures to provide security recommendations to clients.
- When requested by sales team, provide pre-sales guidance as a security engineer both directly with clients and at conferences and other educational and marketing events.
- Create appropriate technical documents for clients including but not limited to Statements of Work, Project Completion Documents and Technical Bulletins.
- Accurately record and track all activities in a timely fashion.
- Keep current in all technical areas relevant to active client base including achieving and maintaining technical certifications in accordance with company guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manage and execute an entire consulting engagement with guidance from senior staff members, including documentation and report writing.
- Travel as needed for 25% to 40% of work time.
- Work to maintain 40% of all work hours as billable.
- Exhibit dedication to 100% customer satisfaction.
- Work well alone or as part of a team as tasks demand.
- 2+ years industry experience, with security exposure.
- Bachelor’s Degree or additional 4 years industry experience.
- Experience with TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting.
- Solid knowledge of networking and security systems; including routers, switches, firewalls, IDS/IPS, authentication systems, anti-virus, content filtering, log management, etc.
- Experience with 3 or more of the following vendor products: Check Point, Juniper, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Symantec, RSA, Trend Micro, F5, Arbor Networks, and Splunk.
- Experience on both Microsoft & Unix operating systems.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with public speaking and presentation ability.
- Advanced knowledge of computer and network security techniques and methodologies.
- CISSP certification.
- Check Point certification and/or hands-on experience.
- Additional vendor product certifications from the following vendors: Juniper, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Symantec, RSA, Trend Micro, F5, Splunk, and others.
- Experience managing an IT project.
Submit your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please only attach resumes in MS Word (.doc) or ASCII text (.txt) format.